Saturday, June 7, 2014

ALOE VERA | Plant of Immortality





Aloe Barbadensis, commonly known as aloe or aloe vera, is a fleshy green plant with several spikes lining its stem. It is traditionally identified for its dermatological contribution and medicinal properties.


History has recorded that Greek and Egyptians used this plant for their scientific and beauty advantages. Labeled as the “Plant of Immortality” by the Egyptians, it was even regarded as the beauty secret of Cleopatra in the past. It is also written that many scientists considered its elements to be useful in relieving constipation and  insomnia, furthermore, it boosts immunity and detoxification.

At present, several cosmetic products claim to have included aloe as part of their ingredients. For apparent reason, it’s strategically designed so that consumers get beauty in the safest and natural way.
Guided by these facts, I conclude that beauty should be natural and inexpensive. I am still convincing myself about the latter :)  I remember my aunt gave me an Aloe Vera which I put in a pot and wet a few times a week. I became too animated to cut a stem and make it as an alternative facial mask.
Here’s what I did:





  1. I washed my face using a facial scrub
  2. I  took the clear fleshy part of the aloe
  3. Put it on my face and leave it for 30-45 minutes
  4. Rinsed my face with water


After the mask, I notice that aloe leaves a thin film on the skin which may prevent it from drying.  However, as for the overall skin texture improvement, it is too early to judge.There is neither an inflammation nor itchiness recorded during the procedure, so I think it’s worth a try. I will be skipping my facial masks for now and will make aloe as a sub.






Sometimes we're all too busy looking for something else when all that we need is already set right before our eyes. APPRECIATE 

No comments: