Sunday, June 15, 2014

MORNING MUSINGS WITH MY SUNFLOWER




Many colorful plants were positioned along the streets of Tagaytay but I took sunflower with me back in Manila. Below are the essential things it thought me as I share my morning musings with it. Kindly read the trail for I never realized it could make sense. Find it poetic or look at it as a dull work of a kicked out geek, it's up to you. Everything just came randomly, like how flowers flourish out in the field.


Love starts from initial attraction and materializes to a decision | I never like to start sounding sentimental. The idea is just unforgiving, I feel. About why I wanted to bring home the plant was plainly because I thought it was cute (attraction). And as to the reason why I brought it with me was a decision. You see I peeped, and learned it was alive. I was cornered. Its energy was just soaring, so it got me. I even picked up a nice spot so it could have enough space when it starts to grow. By breakfasts, I would look for it to give my quick greet. And before I sleep, I make sure to give out my warmest goodnight’s kiss. Attraction when fueled by passion becomes love. Sometimes it happens quickly but for some, it develops into a habit. Something you knowingly or unknowingly consented to become a part of you, your system. To some extent it is true that we do not have complete power over the things that come into our lives but surely we can always choose those we want to stay. Love is and will always be a decision.











    Nothing is permanent | Did I mention how the flowers looked so happily when I first saw them? They were beautiful. I looked at them and they were like smiling back at me. It's as if they were waving cheerfully while saying “Pick me! Pick me!” So I excitedly brought it at home and made sure it is watered daily. In general, I wanted to believe that I took care of it. But even after nursing it for 2 weeks, the leaves still began to fall. It suddenly lost its color. And before I realized, the flower has wilted. Have you ever seen yourself in similar situation? Have you ever asked yourself what could possibly be the reason of such ruin? Have you tried ways and means to save it? Did it ever cross your mind to redeem yourself? Or did you think that you could prevent it from happening? Unfortunately, things just happen. That’s also how it works for love. No matter how much promising it seems at first, if something gets into the way, love ends. So take responsibility of your actions and allow things to come to pass over which you have any control. Accept and forgive yourself, always. Do not be too dependent on anyone or anything. So that when it ends, you just shake it off and move forward.
















      End is always not the end | The drooping of my sunflower somehow saddened me. In as much as I would like to keep it forever it just can't. I remembered how it added a sweet crust to my usual mornings. It was there for a moment, I know. The next day, it’s gone. I was preoccupied on the lost which is why the several budding flowers were left ignored. Amazingly, I realized that one lost could give birth to quite a lot of beautiful possibilities. The overlooked buds are now starting to blossom and will be greeting me in the next few days. We always think that the end is the conclusion of everything. Little did we know that an end is just a tiny piece of an awesome puzzle. Hidden treasures are always left unnoticed because our eyes only see the things that they want to see. Life is a gamble and it is in our nature to bet all our chips on things we don’t have any assurance of winning. But somehow it is the excitement that we go after over the winning. That maybe after losing, we could still strategize a new plan to bounce back harder. An end does not necessarily means “the end”, often, a wonderful new chapter is just about to unfold. Trust. Gather your shit together and move on. After all, the goal of the game is not about winning or losing, it's a matter of playing and putting your heart and soul into it.





Appreciate life's little surprises..

No comments: