These pens remind me how I doodle a lot in school. And, these lipsticks are confirmations that I've never really outgrown it.
Surely, we all have our lipstick diaries preserved from the beginning of puberty to adulthood. It is also amusing how we played with mom’s lipstick and ended up ruining the whole tube if not our faces during toddler years! Lipstick, you see, had been part of a woman’s life before her man. Sumerians, as per Wikipedia, had even used gemstones to produce a colourful substance to paint their face and lips. Afterwards, it was developed by using different kind of alternative raw – stains from plants, pearlescent from fish scales, beeswax, and oil of many types. In the beginning, the use of lipstick was not acceptable in the culture. Only actors and actresses were tolerated by the society to wear such. Eventually, it had gained popularity but due to its high cost no more than the upper class was able to avail. In no time, past the avant-garde development in cosmetology, lipstick became available to consumers.
I have always
love the idea of vintage kind of styling – interior, fashion and yes!, on make
up too. MAC had launched exceptional limited products last 2013. Heroine
lipstick was part of the series but as to date they managed to include it as part of their permanent line. It was in
June 2013 when I scheduled a trip to Boracay and I was looking for a perfect
lippie to bring along with me together with the maillot which I purchased
online. I really wanted to get my hands on heroine but all stores in the metro
had run out of stock. Fortunately, a very reliable seller from facebook was
able to get me a tube! You may visit her shop through FB and IG –
beautyselection by Aliza, for a complete range of her beautiful products.
Having said,
heroine was able to make it to Boracay! I love the stunning purple hue of this
lipstick which I think is one of the most pigmented products I own. Some of my
friends had tried it and it look brighter on them but on my lips it’s the exact
shade you’d get from what you see in the tube. It glides on smoothly with even
coverage and finishes matte. I usually choose amplified finish due its well
balance pigments and sheen but heroine, though matte, offers a perfect tone and
gives you just enough glow that you need. Heroine best suits cold undertone
people but is also wearable and flexible to warm undertones (like me!) I think
it elicits true sophistication when paired with a plain shirt or dress. Instantaneously,
it gives depth and character to a rather bare or naked face.

No comments:
Post a Comment